This page was created during the SAT meeting on Thursday March 6th in Tokyo at the AGL AMM Spring 2019.
History shows that 4A was spawn because (shared by Fulup):
Santa Clara meeting stated that the policy manager was the most important one (AudioKinetics committed to do)
After that, a softmixer was added as a natural progression. Some of that was driven by feature limitations or differences between HW products (from members and others).
Jan-Simon shared the URL for the November 2017 F2F Notes
- Must be able to implement features by HW products (amps/DSP solutions including low-cost solutions)
- walt (hidden requirement): leveraging open source requirements
TODO and action items
- Identify the requirements that were used to create 4A initially
- Find the presentation about the 4A genesis and previous efforts
- Create a timeline for next steps on work to be performed
- Identify how to make high-level 4A (alsa?) to work with pipewire as audio middleware
- Coordinate with video architecture efforts
- Test integration between pipewire and Microchip microphone (George and Michael)